- RSS Channel Showcase 3502312
- RSS Channel Showcase 9160424
- RSS Channel Showcase 3611632
- RSS Channel Showcase 4102189
Articles on this Page
- 06/06/14--21:02: _An example of the w...
- 06/19/14--10:44: _Raising Awareness a...
- 10/13/14--15:29: _Reiki: Exploring a...
- 01/24/15--13:58: _What’s New With Me ...
- 02/09/15--09:30: _Monday Morning Cont...
- 03/29/15--16:11: _April 6, 2015: Day ...
- 05/17/15--22:31: _My Good Deed for th...
- 03/10/16--17:01: _Headbands: An Oppor...
- 03/07/17--13:44: _Cultivating a Grati...
- 09/04/18--14:32: _What is a Deaf Fail?
- 06/06/14--21:02: An example of the work I do
- 10/13/14--15:29: Reiki: Exploring a tool for healing
- 01/24/15--13:58: What’s New With Me These Days?
- 02/09/15--09:30: Monday Morning Contemplations
- 03/29/15--16:11: April 6, 2015: Day 365/365 of Exercise
- 05/17/15--22:31: My Good Deed for the Day
- 03/10/16--17:01: Headbands: An Opportunity for Compassion
- 03/07/17--13:44: Cultivating a Gratitude Practice
- 09/04/18--14:32: What is a Deaf Fail?
So, by now you may know I am juggling a few things in my career. I am a blogger for Parentmap, a freelancer for nonprofit work (I recently helped coordinate volunteers for an event- but more on that in another … Continue reading
And heeeeere it is! My post about meeting Derrick Coleman and the fabulous experience helping to run a fundraising event. Read it and enjoy!
esralstonER Pix with Derrick
I took a Reiki workshop on a beautiful Saturday not too long ago. As I rode my bike there, I felt ambivalent about taking it and was not in the best mental space. A few troubling firestorms had occurred that … Continue reading
esralstonElizabeth having a Reiki session. Note the two pairs of hands. The third pair are down by my feet. Credit: Terri Sandusky
I know, I know, it’s been a while since I’ve posted. I’ve no good excuse except for being incredibly busy with a new contract, my current job, juggling husband and kid activities, staying true to my goal of exercising every … Continue reading
esralstonMy kids don't really think this way...
Today is Monday. I am feeling sluggish- got a pain in my back and the weather is still ominously grey outside. It’s Seattle, after all. I swear I could be related to Garfield the cat sometimes. I keep reminding myself, … Continue reading
esralstonI took my electric toothbrush out of my mouth too soon this morning and THIS is how it felt.Snoqualmie Ski Area- very little snow this season. Taken by Steve Ringman, Seattle Times
The words stayed there on the screen mocking me. Day 365/365 of exercise. I could not stop staring at them. I sort of wanted to slap my face for getting so hooked by this seemingly simple Facebook status update. My first … Continue reading
Today our family walked down to a neighborhood parade and on our way back home, ran into an elderly couple who could not remember where they parked their car. We stood with them on the sidewalk, trying to help them picture … Continue reading
Ever since the World Cup games several years ago, my son has become very interested in sports. He has tried out (in this order) ultimate frisbee, soccer, and most recently, basketball. My son uses two cochlear implants to hear, and because … Continue reading
In February I did Sharon Salzberg’s Real Happiness Meditation Challenge. Each day I would get an email introducing the day’s topic which also included a brief guided audio meditation. It was really great- just 10-15 minutes or less each day … Continue reading
Garfield stressedesralstonGarfield stressed
So it’s been a while, hasn’t it? I have been preoccupied with lots of things lately, including my parents’ deaths, figuring out career stuff (I am currently in between jobs), volunteering on a few projects, helping my kids with school, … Continue reading